zondag 6 oktober 2019

Joker 2019 Movie Review

Goedemiddag, Allemaal! Hoi, Maders! This time I will talk about Joker. Fortunately I could watch it on the second day after the movie’s released. I always watch the trailer before I watch any movie. From what I saw, the actor being Joker wasn’t my expectation, Jared Leto. My mind’s still picturing him playing with Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad. Above all, I had intuition to watch Joker this time because it’s from DC Comics. Yeah, and I won’t see a hero, but a super villain.
The opening of the movie shows that Arthur (the real name of Joker) works as a clown. He must smile in order to make people happy. Yet, his own life does not contain happiness at all. Arthur has a psychological disease that he sometimes can’t hold his laugh. He often laughs at the wrong time and it makes people mad at him. He gets a lot of hit and kick.


Arthur lives with his mother, Penny Fleck, in a filthy apartment. He loves her so much. Penny always tries to send letters to Thomas Wayne (the father of Batman, Bruce Wayne) saying that Arthur is his son! OMG I was shocked knowing this information. Let me tell you, this is not true. In fact, Penny is delusional and she’s ever lived at Arkham Asylum. Arthur finds this out and he’s angry to his mother. Arthur also knows that he’s adopted by Penny. The climax is when Arthur kills Penny at hospital. Arthur loves to put makeup like a clown on his face and he changes his name into Joker although he’s fired from HAHA’s, an office providing clown service.

The reason why Joker’s fired is because he’s seen bringing a gun at kid’s hospital while he is entertaining them. His boss gets angry and fires him through a public telephone. Joker starts his revenge and kills people that hurt him. The location of this story is obviously in Gotham City. You can see the little Bruce Wayne. I guess he’s only 10 years old when Joker’s turning 30 years old. At the end of this movie, the parents of Bruce Wayne get killed by a man wearing clown mask. Bruce doesn’t cry when his parents die. It’s a little bit different with another Batman story but the point is still the same.

Well, I gave 8.0 for the score of this movie. It’s full of tragedy and you can enjoy Jazz music here. The way Joker kills is freaking me out. He ever stabs someone’s eye with a scissor and other brutal actions. The smile on his lips is carved by his own blood. Joker has many followers because he’s the one who starts the chaos in Gotham. The society follows him to look like a clown. I recommend this movie for those who want to know the background of Joker’s life. You will know why Joker turns into bad person.


That’s all for now. Tot ziens, Maders!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten