zondag 10 november 2019

Perempuan Tanah Jahanam (2019) Movie Review

Hallo Maders! I would like to discuss about a horror movie I just watched. The title is Perempuan Tanah Jahanam or The Woman of Jahanam’s World. Personally I don’t like horror movies but this time I braced myself to enjoy this one. If you know a movie called Pengabdi Setan or Satan’s Followers, you may have known the director. Joko Anwar is the same person who made these two horror movies along with Gundala, a superhero movie.


Before watching this movie, I read some reviews. They said the ghosts only came up a few times, but the scenes contained more blood. Yes! I totally agree. Blood is everywhere. The ghosts have no scary face because they’re children. I see people cut their throats many times. Even a scene shows a woman is hit with a stone.

The point of the story is about a woman visiting her childhood’s village although she barely knows his own life background. She’s going there with her bestfriend. There are tragedies ever since they stay at the village. The villagers believe that they must kill the woman in order to sweep away the curse. Babies are born without skin. You’ll only see something red in the shape of a baby. Really disgusting! Slecht!

The villagers instantly kill babies. There is no children in the village, only adults. In the past, they let one baby without skin to live. As a result, it grows into a paralyzed person and still without skin. It must be fed and abandoned. Useless! You can see this phenomenon clearly on this movie.

What I like about this movie is the plot. I have no doubt towards Joko Anwar. His last movie I watch is Gundala and it was amazing. What I don’t like about this movie is because this is horror movie. Hahahaha. Don’t blame me please. I’m afraid of watching ghosts, any ghost. I just appreciate someone who asked me to go on a date and we watched this together.

Dus, ik geef dit film 8.0 :) jullie kunnen dit film kijken en score geven. Dank je wel. Tot ziens, Maders!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten