donderdag 20 oktober 2016

Gifts from The Kids in Tuntang

Hello, Maders! It’s me Malia. I’m not special but I was being special because of what I got from the kids in Tuntang. Yups, I have to say that they gave me many gifts but they didn’t do the same thing to my friends.

We’re nine people in the voluntary group and Tuntang was the name of the village we lived in. The chief of the group (and my other friends) said I’m childish and I admit that. On the other hand, that’s my special ability to get along with the children there.

In the last night before going back home in the next morning, my friends and I invited all children to come to our basecamp. We said goodbye to all of them and they felt sad of it. So was I. I love them all.


The children read goodbye letter and gave some gifts to us. The children collaborated to write in a big paper saying thanks for us. Next, the children wrote something in a piece of paper and they had to give it to only one member of my voluntary group. Honestly, I have the greatest amount of the letters and gifts.

The gifts were four bracelets, a necklace, a teddy bear, and love letters saying they loved me and they felt sad because I couldn’t play with them anymore. I laughed at a letter saying that they admired my mix-blood face. Haha. Thanks to my ancestor!

Those gifts I got were from different children. It depended on them to give what and to whom, for instance Manda gave me gifts several times. There were four girls in my voluntary group and they only got one bracelet for each. Yes, I know, that’s why I’m feeling grateful.

A few couple days, I gave a colorful bottle for each child and they gave me more than my expectation. Honestly, I thought they would only give me a letter but no, they did more than that. They saved their money and organized a meeting to prepare all things. Two thumbs up for you, Kids!


Lastly, I would say my thanks to Tuntangers, the villagers, and the children. Thanks for the warmness you gave to me. Thanks for cheering me up when I got sad because of my conflicts with friends. I would miss you and love you more than my group members. Definitely!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten