maandag 19 juni 2017

Philately Gathering in June 2017

Hi, Maders! Do you collect something? Well, I’ve been collecting postcards and stamps. Actually I also collect books because I love reading and you can call me a ‘bookworm’. Yes! You can see my collections on Instagram. They’re narnia.philately and narnia.library. I post them there to make the documentation.

Every third week in a month, I need to attend a philately gathering at the central post office in Semarang City. FYI everyone can join us and even you can just come one day to see our collections. It’s funny that mostly my friends are already adults. Compared to them, I’m still a kid. Haha.


This time, I had a chance to meet a Dutch who was being our guest. He bought something at the post office because he’s also a collector. He went there with his Indonesian wife. I could speak Dutch a bit, so it was a great moment to talk to the native speaker.

Mbak Riva, a staff at the philately corner, took my picture with Wilfried, the Dutch man. Thanks to her that she did it because probably I wouldn’t have something to keep.

Honestly I was about to buy postcards for being my stock. In fact, I still have a few at home. Hence, I decided to buy only two postcards to send someday. I’m the member of post-crossing community.

The animal that I’m afraid of is butterfly, but I saw butterfly postcards yesterday. I felt confused whether I should have bought it or not. No! Why do I have to keep something I dislike, don’t I?

Sending postcards is fun because I will receive other postcards as a return. Unfortunately, many people don’t know about postcards or how to send them with stamps. Really bad! Okay I know there’s a smart phone having chat applications but that’s not the point. It’s abstract. In contrast, these postcards are real and I get them from overseas.


Lastly, Maders, please learn about postcards and stamps if you have no idea about them. You live in modern world but it’s not always modern way we need to keep up. See ya!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten