donderdag 12 januari 2017

Going Downtown with Ekle

Hello, Maders! Yesterday was thrilling because I just had my TOEFL test and got a good score although it’s under my real target. Compared to the students coming from non-English Department, my TOEFL score is much better than them. Still, I felt disappointed in the listening section. To be honest, the sound wasn’t heard clearly on the headphone.

That day, I also had an appointment to go with Ekle, my classmate since the first semester in campus. I parked my car near her boarding house and waited for her. She got in and we went away. We talked many things such as our holiday, internship program, and stuff.

The first place that I visited was Alfamidi to park my car because I wanted to buy shampoo at Larissa. I tell you, Larissa has a nice place for treatment, but the parking area is awful for cars. Ekle and I bought snacks for temporary lunch from Alfamidi because I needed to make an alibi by buying something to get free parking in front of the minimarket. Haha.

Secondly, I went to Aira Skin Clinic to buy facial soap. Ekle was waiting for me in the car and I didn’t turn off the engine. My business finished quickly there.

Next, we went to Amaris Hotel having Gramedia bookstore with great discount. It’s our main point to visit. Gramedia sells cheap books annually because those books aren’t sold successfully and being kept in a warehouse. I bought many books with only 70k. Ekle and I still gave our time to buy books at Gramedia upstairs with normal price because the books couldn’t be found downstairs with great discount.


Then, we ate at a new café named Warunk Sosmet. We ordered satay with rice, French fries, and lemon tea. The interior of the café reflects Javanese culture and it has many gamelans and a large stage with LCD projector screen. It’s a bit dark though.

After eating, we were heading home. In the middle of our way, Ekle bought a wooden shelf on the street. “Thank you for accompanying me to spend the money”, she said when she got off my car. Haha.


That’s all what I had yesterday, Maders! Thanks for reading. Bye!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten