zondag 1 januari 2017

Bye 2016, Welcome 2017

Heyho, Maders! This is my first post in this new year. I just had dinner with Dad (without Mom), but this morning I had breakfast with Mom (without Dad) in different resto. I completely ate out because there was no food at home. Haha.

Today I skipped lunch and chose to sleep because last night celebration took all my energy. There was a simple party at a house (behind mine) for teenagers, no parents. We sang with limited music instruments and ate clams, poached nuts, crisps, and also hot tea plus mineral water in cups.

A sixteen year old neighbor and I went to my house to take some plastics to cover our hands, so we didn’t touch the clams directly. I forgot to bring my hand-sanitizer though. As long as the party was in progress, I talked and took photos with some of the teenagers. Mostly I didn’t recognize them because they’re new people in this villa. Moreover, I seldom play outside my house to interact with them.

When the time was about to midnight, I excused myself to go back home. Based on the culture of my family, we always pray at midnight in new year’s eve. We hope for the best in the new year. Honestly I didn’t enjoy any fireworks because I slept at once.


In my opinion, spending money for buying fireworks is useless. Yeah I know that it is about self-satisfaction to celebrate something, but please see people out there feeling starving. They must think how to buy food with little money they have. If you’re rich, you can eat what you want and buy many fireworks. It’s better to share valuable things with people who need them more.

Well, the new year has come and now we step our feet in 2017. It means our age is decreasing and we get closer to the death. I just want to be a better person because I’m not as good as you see, but I’m not as bad as you think. It’s my favorite quote from Ali, the son-in-law of Prophet Mohammad.


Okay, let’s do something useful and make a better future. Happy New Year, Maders!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten