zaterdag 28 januari 2017

The 4th Birthday of Perisai Diri Silat Club

Hey, Maders! On Friday, I attended a birthday celebration of my martial art club, Perisai Diri. We call it ‘silat’ in Indonesia because Japan has its own ‘karate’ and China has its ‘Kung Fu’. I’m very proud of being the part of silat family in Perisai Diri Club. I firstly joined it in 2014.


The celebration started at 8.15 and I came there around 8 with two of my neighbors taken by my dad with Fero, his car. I saw people with their silat uniform in the ballroom. Oh yes, the event was held at 12 Junior High School, Banyumanik, Semarang. The committee gave me a stickers and I bought the bigger ones to attach on my car’s window.


The speeches were delivered by our teachers and the committee. We saw a video about the development of the silat from time to time. There was also a performance done by two boys showing some actions and techniques in silat. They’re awesome!

Lastly, we enjoyed the ‘tumpeng’ rice (yellow rice with other Indonesian food such as eggs, chicken, dry spicy crisp and nuts, and so on). I and a few girls helped the chef to share the food to my friends. There were about a hundred people, but the food’s limited. Some of them and I didn’t get the food. That’s all right!


People were eating while enjoying singing performance on the stage. I took pictures with others near the photo-booth, holding text paper. In this occasion, I met a new guy that asked me to take pictures with him. He’s brave enough to talk to me and approach me first. I was blushed. His name’s Habib, a guy that is taller than me and kind of cute. Haha.


Habib gave me his LINE id so that we could chat there. I sent our pictures from my ipad to him. He wanted to talk further, so I gave him my phone’s LINE id. We chatted till midnight. In short, he’s studying in the same university like me, taking chemical engineering, HE’S A FRESHMAN! Three years younger than me, OMG!

What made me happy was he planned to have an English course with me at my home someday. He needed help to improve his ability and I think I’ll be a good teacher for him. Honestly, my students are mostly boys. Haha. Well, I’m always glad to have new friends anywhere. Friendship is a good way to build connection and relation. Moreover, I can sell my knowledge in English to them. Haha. Have a nice day, Maders!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten