zaterdag 21 januari 2017

Super Speed Reading Workshop

Hi, Maders! This Sunday I joined an event about improving reading skill. We weren’t talking about books to read, but more about the techniques of quick reading. The speaker came from Bandung and it was held by Cakep community. The word ‘cakep’ stands for Cita Rasa Kebaikan Pelajar. So unique, isn’t it?

I arrived at 8am sharp and I was given a present because I was the first girl coming there. What a surprise! Haha. I got the gift in the end of the session and it was a shirt. I love it!


I chose to sit in the front line because I would understand better what the speaker said. Somehow other students did not choose the front liner although the seats were free. I think they did not have much confidence to sit in the front line. Why? I’m brave enough since I was little because my Chinese friends in the past influenced me. You’ve gotta be the first, you’ve gotta be the one. Life is a competition!

From this event, I knew that I could read 480 words in a minute. Then, I was taught how to improve it by minimalizing my sight. I didn’t have to read the whole words. There’re two important main points in reading: main idea and supporting details. If we know these two, surely we know what we read. Finally, I could read 600 words per minute. Fantastic!

To be honest, I love reading because novels are my friends, especially fantasy ones. Some people say reading is boring, hmm, depends what you read. If it’s about school books, yes I quite agree. But try to read what you like first, then step up to the next level.

This workshop was totally free. I didn’t pay at all to join this event. In contrast, I got many things after attending it. Those things were knowledge, friends, experience, food, and a shirt. Hahaha. Thank you so much!



I spent much energy to think as long as the workshop was on the show. I hardly had time to check my phone or reply the chats. I totally gave my full attention to what the speaker said. It’s worth it. This afternoon I plan to take a nap. Haha. The best sleep for keeping my beauty. Have a good day, Maders!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten