woensdag 10 mei 2017

Foreigners and New Friends

Hi, Maders! Are you brave enough to start conversation with foreigners? Yeah when you see them, you had better talk. We can share about cultures and stuff. Although I’m an introvert person, I always feel confident to speak with them.

One thing that you should know is I love making friends. Anywhere and anytime I hope to meet new people. It’s a good way to build up relations and connection through various people.

The last time I was going to a wedding at Ronggowarsito Museum and two foreigners were standing in front of me, a man and a woman. The man asked a permission to take my picture and mom and yes, sure! Then I talked to them and he introduced his wife. They came from Hungary.


I guided them to go inside the wedding party by shaking hands with people. They didn’t have invitation for the wedding but everything was fine as long as they stayed by my side. I told them to enjoy the food as well but they’re busy taking pictures. No wonder, the man is a photographer. Oh yes, their names are Viktor and Victoria. How sweet! Same name and become a couple. Aww!

Viktor gave me his business card and we chatted on Whatsapp. He promised me to send a postcard when he went back to Hungary. Yeah! I’m a postcard collector so I always beg for postcards. Haha.

Recently I also met an Australian at a park. I accompanied my mom to have a meeting at a regency office but as usual, I found my own world. I played my skateboard around. Then I saw a foreigner sitting on a bench alone, operating his phone. I said, “excuse me, can I sit here?”

That’s how the things started. We talked about many things from our cultures and phenomena in the world. He bought me ice cream after walking around the park and I gave him my business card. We talked on Whatsapp too. He also would send me a postcard from Australia.


Okay, those were my nice experiences about meeting foreigners. I’d always love to talk to new people, especially those from other countries. Well, Maders, keep doing great and don’t forget to be awesome. Bye!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten