zondag 14 mei 2017

SMK Pertanian Sunan Gunung Jati Ba'alawy

Hey, Maders! Are you still a student? I’m a student in Diponegoro University for master degree, but I’m also a teacher at a vocational high school for the tenth grade actually. It’s been more than a month that I work there.


Outside the class, I’m a friend of my students. On the other hand, they respect me as a teacher in the class. They seriously pay attention to me when I explain the material. They make jokes and we laugh together though.

It’s a small class and the total amount of my students is 20. They come from various family background. Everyone must have problem but it’s not necessary to bring it in the class. If they or I have problem, we shouldn’t express it through our bad mood.

English is the only subject I teach every Tuesday. I’m a free person for the rest weekend and I usually do things I like such as reading books, playing Clash of Clans on my ipad, and playing piano.

I can’t ignore when my students feel sleepy. I always call their names and put them on the question examples. The next stage if they still feel sleepy, I ask them to face their face and go back to class. I won’t be angry at them, but I always give scores or notes about their behavior as long as I teach them.

It’s not effective when a teacher asks the students to go out from the class because they are naughty. Punishment is given to make them realize their fault. Sometimes it also disturbs the teaching time. In other words, those students who are being punished don’t get the teaching material as it’s supposed to be. Thus, making small notes that affect their scores is the best choice to do I guess.


Okay, Maders, that’s my experience in teaching so far. If you’re a teacher or having dream to be a teacher, it’s good. I appreciate all teachers in this world. Let’s make our generation smarter. Be a good teacher! See you, Maders.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten