donderdag 21 juli 2016

The Prince Charming at High School

I was enjoying the break time at school and about to go to the canteen before my friend called my name. She was behind me approximately five meters away.

“Zoe! Wait for me!” said Claire.

I stopped and waited for her. She took a deep breath after approaching and standing right next to me. I’d say that it was very short distance between me and her but she looked exhausted after running. Seriously?!

“I wanna buy some ice cream at canteen,” I said.
“Yeah, so do I. Shall we!” replied Claire.

I passed the school field where the boys were playing basketball. On the other side of the field, there were many girls and actually they were my juniors shouting for Arnold. The students here considered him as the prince charming. Well, for me, I disagreed. He might be handsome. And so what?

“OMG look, Zoe! How charming Arnold is! He’s so hot, isn’t he?”
“Come on, Claire. You’re too much. I don’t even like him. Why are those girls crazy about Arnold?
“Wow I guess you’re the only girl that doesn’t like the prince charming.”
“Who cares?” I said nastily.


The next day, Claire put me in a difficult situation. She told Arnold that I didn’t like him. Hell no! She was too stupidly honest. Whenever Arnold saw me, he gave me weird look. I felt awkward and ran away from him.

One day, I was stuck in the school restroom because Arnold was behind the door. I had no bravery to come out. Dear God! He was there waiting for me. I was alone and so was he.

“Hey, someone inside! Can you hear me?” Arnold asked.
“What do you want?!” I said it with fear.
“I’m Arnold and you must be Zoe. I haven’t known you well but Claire said you dislike me. I’m wondering the reason,” Arnold explained.

I remained silent. I couldn’t do anything here. My self-image would be ruined if I met him.

“Zoe, don’t you wanna come out? I know you have to go to your class because you have a test.”
“It’s not your business,” I answered.


I had no idea for the next but I decided to see him outside. He introduced himself properly and I didn’t say much. Arnold looked more handsome when I saw his face closely. The prince charming let me go to my class. As the time passed by, we were having date, and he became my boyfriend. The whole students got envious of me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten